Thank you to all who attended Run Wild for the Detroit Zoo.
Click here to check your race results
On Sept. 10, thousands of runners and walkers participated in Run Wild for the Detroit Zoo, presented by Michigan First Credit Union.
1 Mile Fun Walk
Why We Run
Run Wild for the Detroit Zoo raises critical funds for the Ruth Roby Glancy Animal Health Complex and helps us provide outstanding veterinary care for the animals at the Detroit Zoo and Belle Isle Nature Center.
All participants receive:
- A commemorative T-shirt*
- A unique, collectible finisher medal upon completion of the race that highlights a different animal each year
- Complimentary food, beverages, entertainment and children’s activities at the Post Race party presented by Kroger.
- Admission to the Detroit Zoo following the race
Meet Our Mascots — Lenny and Jeffery! This year, Run Wild is celebrating the fastest animal at the Detroit Zoo — the wildebeest! These close cousins of the antelope can sprint up to 50 miles per hour, ranking them among the world’s fastest land mammals. Not only do wildebeests have speed on their side, but they also are masters of distance. Each year, more than 1.5 million wildebeests complete a 300-mile migration loop through Tanzania and Kenya. This annual journey is recognized as one of the seven wonders of the natural world. After you complete your Run Wild 5K or Fun Walk, join us for a day at the Detroit Zoo to meet resident wildebeests Jeffery and Lenny and learn more about what makes them the perfect race mascots.
- 5K Run – 8 a.m. – 10 Mile Road entrance of the Detroit Zoo (USATF sanctioned)
- Fun Walk – 8:45 a.m. – Inside the Detroit Zoo (non-competitive, untimed)
The event takes place rain or shine. Registration is required for participants ages 2 and older.